I have been asked this question a few times and just like everything else in life, there is no right answer. I will try to keep this short and to the point.
First, what is bridal boudoir?
Bridal boudoir is a boudoir session that takes place before your wedding or on the day of your wedding. It is normally a gift for that special someone in your life or something extra just for you.
There are a couple of ways I have done this.
On the wedding day.
Hair and makeup would start on the bride, which seems a little backward, the bride normally gets ready last. But hear me out. Once your hair and make are done you are ready for the boudoir shoot. Ideally, we would use your bedroom (or boudoir) for the shoot or this can also be done at a hotel suite if that is where you are getting ready.
Now that you have your hair and makeup all done, and are in your amazing bridal boudoir lingerie we start posing you. The shoot will last about an hour with the change of clothes if that is the plan. Once the session is done everyone else should be about ready and you have a little time to fix any hair and makeup mishaps while the artist is still there. Then you will be ready to get into your dress.
Pretty simple, right?
It's like two separate shoots in one day! How fun is that, and once the reveal session has arrived you can show your partner.
The second is a little different, but still fun!
Anytime before the wedding day, we would invite you to the studio and capture your images here in your bridal lingerie or whatever else you want to wear. This is a fun option for a number of reasons.
- It is a day for you, think of it as a sexy spa day. Hair, makeup, and some empowering images to prove that you are amazing.
- It could be a gift for the girls and yourself
- We have done group session where the girls get to hang out have mimosas, snack and capture some amazing images.
- It is a great gift for your partner on your wedding day!
- Can you picture handing your signifcant other an album with these images and what they might be thinking about? Bet they will be rushing to that honey moon.
Ultimately a bridal boudoir session is amazing, not just for your partner but for yourself, the self-esteem boost that comes from having a session with She and Him Boudoir is hands down the best.
Our outfit picks for Bridal Boudoir.
Share this story